Communications Support For Riders Of The Reston Century
- Quick Reference
- NCS Hotline: +1 571-376-6400
- Frequencies: 147.480, -146.700, -145.310 (PL 77)
- APRS Search: rbc-ash,rbc-ncs,rbc-pur,rbc-lov,rbc-rtc,rbc-mil,rbcsag-*,rbcbik-*
- Ops Plan
2019 is host to the 37th Annual Reston Bicycle Club’s Century Ride on the trails and roads of Loudoun County. This year’s century is planned rain or shine to occur on Sunday August 25th from 6AM to 5PM. This is the last Sunday in August.
The net will open at 6am and continue until our services are no longer needed. So update your calendar as soon as you can!!
Here is the schedule as it’s shaping up today:
- Reston Town Center Rest stop – 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Ashburn Rest stop – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Purcellville Rest Stop – 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Old Mill Rest Stop – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Lovettsville Rest Stop (Full Century Riders only) – 9:00 AM – 1:30 P
- SAG Mechanics and Ride Marshalls – 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This is the large public service and emergency training exercise for the Loudoun Amateur Radio Group. Our volunteers look forward to this operation and a chance to practice our emergency radio skills. All volunteers are welcomed!
This SignUpGenius is used to coordinate event sign-ups. Each of the “slots”, SAGs and stations will likely be used again unless the bike club changes their operational plans significantly. You can review the SignUpGenius to get a good idea of how this event will unfold. Much of the event details are listed there.
Here is the Operation Plan for the ride event. You can expect updates to this plan right up to the day before the event.
For all of the route map files and other information go here.